Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Clearing it out

 So our washer broke about 3 weeks ago.  We bought this set when we first got married at CostCo and I was delighted with it, and it's held up fairly well considering the insane amounts of laundry I do. 

I had to declare a rule at my house that if mom finds anything clean in the laundry hamper, they owe me .25 cents per item and 30 minutes of folding time.  

Little pills....

So we decided to take Dan's Christmas bonus and order a really nice front loader set from LG.  Dan was in such a good mood that day that when I said, "Can we please just buy the pedestals that match instead of trying to build something?"  He did it. I love that he knew when the project he knew he could do, just wasn't going to happen.  I do the exact opposite - always.

Now it's just too bad that they are on back order and I don't know when I will get the new set.  I'm hoping for Easter?  In the meantime, I went ahead and listed these on a local yard sale site.  I got $60 for the set and the guy to haul off a totally cruddy non-working washer.  And I mean, if Dan couldn't fix it, then heaven help that guy who took it today because he can fix anything

Remember that little gem I had just listed here?  I thought it was crazy for people to spend that much on mugs.  I bought the Utah one for $9.99 and it sold yesterday for $39.99 - dumb, right?
Not so fast...I paid my friend to pick one of these up on her last trip to our hometown in Cali for me.  Because I live in Utah but I refuse to claim it.  And it became my very favorite mug like, overnight. 
I loved it.  It was the perfect size for my hot chocolate at night.  Which is important when the thermometer is reading 6 degrees.   

I cried out in pain when I dropped the darn thing and the handle broke.

Guess what I got for Christmas?  
My sweetie paid someone on Amazon $30 for a replacement mug for me.  They are most likely thinking "people are crazy to spend this much on a mug!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the smile this morning! and the tip on the Starbucks mugs - I have sold the city series ones but haven't ever seen this kind at my thrifts. Have fun with your new washer and dryer...... LOL !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! (that is, whenever it finally gets here!) :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete