Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Budget Shopping

Sometimes it's not easy being a Babe with a Budget.


 My store of choice? No, not D.I.

Um, hello...it's


This one even has palm trees - be still my homesick California girl heart. 
But with three kids who are growing like crazy, it's not really in my budget right now.  


I took the kids to "D.I." to donate a couple of boxes of our old junk today and of course I had to go inside to replace said junk with MORE junk.  Just kidding
I did find amazing treasures.  

Like this Pollyanna dress in a size 2T. Complete with lace that looked like a dog had used it as a bed. $3.00 
 A pleather and animal print patchwork skirt.  Sweet.  If only I could get a crimp iron on LuLu's hair I would  80's rocker chick her right out!

I did get Graham a few things for next fall.  Three shirts and a pair of track pants for $12.00!  They all pretty much look brand new.

Two of the shirts are Quicksilver and the green one is Old Navy.  Pants are Adidas.  NICE!

No pictures but I picked up 10 hardcover story books for the kids.  .50 cents each.  


Thrift stores are such a great place to find things like this!  I stay away from bedding, stuffed animals, shoes and things like that.  But I love that I spent hardly anything on some great play clothes! 


Do any of you thrift shop? What's your best find?

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Cute blog! I'm stopping by from SITS today.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping in from SITS also. I found a great pair of Seven Jeans at my thrift store recently, they were like $2. I'm pretty sure they're normally over $50 a pair and these were like, brand new! Love thrift stores!!!

    ReplyDelete